Christmas Gift Distribution Promises Joyful Holiday Memories for All
Christmas memories might involve a host of things–treasured time with family and friends, stories of Christ’s birth, tinsel and garland, ornaments and holiday decor. But to be sure, what every child looks forward to are, you guessed it, the presents.
Unfortunately, not every family is able to provide Christmas presents for their children. Nor is a luscious Christmas dinner on the agenda. Parents feel guilty. Children feel disappointed. And another Christmas has come and gone.
Toys for Kids! And Christmas Food Baskets Too
But we at Flat River Outreach Ministries demonstrate compassionate love toward those in need. Every December, FROM hosts a Christmas Gift Distribution. We provide a toy shop and food baskets to help bring Christmas to families that otherwise might not be able to celebrate the season’s bounty and blessings. From legos, dolls, rattles, and princess costumes to turkeys, stuffing, potatoes, and pies, families leave with arms full of goodies that will delight.
The Christmas Distribution is available to anyone in the Lowell School District. Christmas food baskets are available to anyone, and the toy shop is available to families with children under the age of 18.
2018 Christmas Distribution Details:
- Signups will begin on November 5, 2018 in the Food Pantry and will take place until December 12 during regular Food Pantry hours.
- Donations of food, gift cards, toys and financial gifts will be will be accepted through 4:00 p.m. December 12, 2018 at the following locations
- Alto Library
- Dollar General
- Eye Care One
- Englehardt Library
- Fifth Third Bank
- FROM Main Office
- Goodrich Theater
- Grand River Vet
- Huntington Bank
- Jultara Salon
- Lowell City Hall
- Mercantile Bank
- Portland Federal Credit Union
- Red Barn
- Springrove Variety
- Sweet Seasons
- Sample donation ideas include: toys, $10 gift cards, tech and teen toys, bibles and books. See our ad below for donation ideas
- Christmas Distribution will take place on December 15, 2018