Current Job Openings:
Thrift Store Manager
Flat River Outreach Ministries (FROM) is a nonprofit organization with a vision of Equal access and opportunities to meet basic needs with an emphasis on learning and advancement for all. We do this by being the Greater Lowell community hub where hope, resources, and gifts are shared.
Please join us in our mission by managing Treasure’s Thrift Store. Our store offers affordable items to our community AND provides funding for other programs such as our food pantry, Christmas and Back-to-School programs.
FROM is seeking a full-time Store Manager to manage Treasure’s Thrift Store. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of FROM.
- Lead, manage and develop staff and volunteers that support Treasure’s Store
- Take responsibility and ownership for all aspects of Treasure’s Store
- Ensure a high level of customer service
- Ensure a positive donor experience
- Oversee IT needs for the store, including POS and security systems
- Determine pathway to achieve strategic goals set by the Executive Director and/or board
- Ensure the store runs efficiently
- Manage Treasure’s budget
- Manage store inventory, including overseeing inventory process
- Provide direction for one staff member and 100+ volunteers on a regular basis
- Maintain records
- Assess customer service in the store through customer survey
- Through industry insight and research, lead the direction for store layout, sales activities, etc.
- Work with Business Manager to forecast and track budgets
- Work closely with Development Director to foster relationships for the store
- Work with marketing resources to increase awareness and traffic into the store
- All other as assigned by supervisor to insure effective organizational operation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of retail or resale experience, along with 2 years of management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Outlook) required
- Proficiency with Quickbooks preferred
- Excellent knowledge of customer service and retail space maximization
- Excellent planning & organizational skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships while aligning with our FROM values and actively cultivating an inclusive working environment.
- Able to work independently and manage time well
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing situations as part of a team
- Proponent for continuous improvement and efficiency
This position primarily works in an office and retail environment. It requires frequent sitting and standing. This position requires the ability to use a computer for extended periods of time and regular repetitive motion. Lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. of materials is necessary on occasion and must be able to twist and bend at the waist. May occasionally be required to travel to attend conferences or other related events. This position is primarily in-person with the possibility of some flexibility to work from home. This position requires some weekends and evenings as well.